Luxury Trek Hotels/Kasbah Atlas Mountains
Pick up from the airport and transfer to your Hotel/Raid, Evening walking tour of Marrakech, Overnight in Raid/Hotel.
The journey from Marrakech to Oukaimden will takes 2hrs, at an altitude of 3200m, Oukaimden is the highest ski resort in Africa and probably one of the most original places to go skiing or snowboarding in the world. It is highly popular with both foreign tourists and Moroccan ski enthusiasts. You can rent ski and snowboard equipment on arrival, if you do not want to carry it all the way from home or the fancy suddenly strikes you to ski in Morocco. Snowfall is between December right up until April and it is possible to ski on a plateau of some 750 acres. The pistes are suitable for all kinds of skiing, but only in winter, and then summer its very nice place for walking/trekking, in oukaimden we going to meet with our muleteer team, then start our walk up the valley through Tizi n'ou Addi, at 2950m, before we get in the Imnan valley, Our first day in the High Atlas, we will explore the villages of Tizi n 'Eddi, Ouanskra, and Tachddirt, Overnight in Tigmi N’tachddirt Lodge. Approx 5 hrs walks. Meals provided: B, L, D.
We ascend gradually to the Tizi-n-Tamatert Col before descending steeply into the Mizane valley and the village of Imlil. Imlil is a busy and colorful trailhead with cafes, shops, From Imlil we ascend towards the Hotel Kasbah de Toubkal which was used as the Tibetan temple in Kundun, Martin Scorsese’s 1997 movie about the Dalai Lama. Or Dar Imlil which is a very nice small raid in Imlil, We continue climbing through walnut trees to the delightful village of Aroumd, the highest permanent settlement in the Mizane Valley, Overnight in Kasbah Du Toubkal or Dar Imlil, Approx 4/5hrs walking, B, L, D.
After breakfast we set off West up to the col of Tizi Mzik pass (2489m). From the pass, you will then traverse towards the head of the Azzadene Valley and the small lovely waterfall d’Irhoulidene which flow year round. You will then head down the valley via the village of Tizi Oussem to an overnight stay in a Toubkal Lodge in Ait Aissa. Approx 5hrs walk
Today’s walk is primarily descent as you trek down the Azzaden Valley, although there will be sections of up and down as you follow local trails that cling to the valley sides, with the occasional crossing from one side of the valley to the other. Usually the river has become nothing more than a small stream once the snows have melted. All the same, a downhill walk leading through the nature reserve protecting the Barbary sheep. Lunch will be served at a stop off en route to Tassa Ouirgane, another hour and half after that and you will arrive in the centre of Ouirgane travelling through olive groves and many a few Berber villages. Tonight it’s possible to have one more night in Ouirgane valley or transfer back to Marrakech, Approx 4/5hrs walk.
Explore Marrakech and added more extra days or back home!!
• Best time: February to April
• Departs from: Marrakech: 09:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 3hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 8days/7nights
• Type: Skiing
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €889 4 adults: €819, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Grade: difficult
• Trip Level: 4167m
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Hiking boots
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut)
- Trekking trousers/pants
- Long johns (thermal underwear)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Warm jacket (down)
- Sunhat or cap
- Fleece hat
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide.
- Transfers to / from High Atlas.
- 1night in Tachddirt Lodge
- 1night in Imlil Kasbah du Toubkal or Dar Imlil
- 1night in Azzaden Lodge
- Muleteer and cook
- All meals for 5 nights/6days in Berber valleys/villages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €889
4 adults: €819
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!