- About the program
Jbel Sirwa lies in between the High Atlas and the Anti Atlas Mountain Ranges. It is an extinct volcano surrounded by isolated villages, massive gorges and great scenery that rises up to 3304m/10,843ft. It is a mere 50km from Jbel Toubkal but the scenery is dramatically different with interesting rock formations including rocky escarpments, it is difficult trekking to ascend the summit but well worth the effort.
From Marrkesh over the Tichka Pass to stop for lunch in Aguim and then on road to Taznagkt until the town of Anzel. We will spend the night and eat dinner in a Berber guest house in Tamllakout and meet the team of mules and muleteers. 7 hrs of hiking
After breakfast we will leave Tamllakout and ascend to a plateau that has a good view of the mountains. We will stop on top of this plateau near Tizouad village to eat lunch. Then we will continue on to our campsite next to the river and the village of Ait Tigga. 6 hrs of hiking
We will hike on to the village of Ait Ighemour after eating breakfast at our campsite in Ait Tigga. After hiking through some beautiful landscapes we will have lunch in some pastures. Then we will hike up over a small pass on to the seasonal shepards home of Azib Mgist where we will spend the night camping and have dinner. 5 hrs of hiking
From Azib Mgist we will go up to the Sirwa summit (3,305m/10,843ft). We will relax with a snack and take in the amazing views from the top while reveling in our accomplishment. From there we will descend a different way to Azib Iriri where we will spend the night camping. 7 hrs of hiking
After eating breakfast at Azib Iriri we'll hike on for a few hours until it's time for lunch at yet another beautiful location and then proceed on to the village of Takshost. In Takshost we can spend the night in a Berber guesthouse or camp. 5 hrs of hiking.
We will leave from Takshost after eating breakfast and then hike on to the large Berber village of Tamazirt where we will have lunch by the river amid almond, walnut, and eucalyptus trees. Then we will hike to Tamllakout where we will spend the last night of our hike in the Berber guesthouse. 7 hrs of hiking
Breakfast in the guesthouse in Tamllakout will be followed by taking our transportation up to the Tichka Pass where we will have lunch in the village of Tadart. We will return to Marrakesh. 7 hrs of transportation.
• Best time: April to November
• Departs from: Marrakech: 08:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 14hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 7days/6nights
• Type: Trekking
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €629 4 adults: €569, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Grade: Moderate
• Trip Level: 3305m
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Hiking boots
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut)
- Trekking trousers/pants
- Long johns (thermal underwear)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Warm jacket (down)
- Sunhat or cap
- Fleece hat
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide.
- Transfers to / from Tamllakout.
- Gites, family’s homes.
- Muleteer and cook
- All meals for 2 nights/3days in Berber valleys/villages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €629
4 adults: €569
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!