Happy valley program
This morning you will be meeting with our Local guide and private tourism transport to start your journey to the Ait Bougmez happy valley in the Central High Atlas Mountains. The journey takes a total of around four hours, but we break the journey half way with a visit to Morocco’s most impressive waterfall – the Cascades d’Ouzoud. Arriving at the village of Ouzoud, set in a broad flat valley, one has little idea of what lies beyond. Passing the cluster of restaurants and souvenir shops, the ground drops away dramatically, giving way to a verdant gorge, with three beautiful cascades of white water falling into the pools below. Here you can take a walk down to the foot of the falls and choose an appropriate spot for a picnic lunch prepared by local guide and cook. After lunch we continue, through the town of Azilal and along a winding mountain road and cross Tizi Oughbar pass at 2200m) then continue zigzags down to join the valley of Ait Bougmez, Overnight in camp or Gite in agouti 1760m). Include: (B.L.D) Distance 240kms duration H driving.
After breakfast we start the walk through happy valley, our walk always between the garden of apples trees and some walnut threes, and also a dramatic view of the typical villages we stop for lunch near a spring water anther the walnut trees shade and also next to the very old village which call Aguerd -n-Ouzro, we will have there about 2 hours break, then continue walk via Ait Imi then continue to join the spring of Ait Imi 2083m), Overnight in camp, include (B.L.D) Duration: 05H.
Today, we head always the happy valley and our walk always between the gardens, then we stop in Ibakalouin village to visit the dinosaur track then continue via Rbat then continue to join a cold spring water we camp next to, altitude there 2108m) , include (B.L.D)Duration: 05H.
After breakfast we start walk via Rbat village 1935m) then continue up we leave that valley and we continue cross plateau of aqqa – n- Ouilzouay at 2473m) to join Ait Hkim valley via Ifran village then continue by the valley with all most typical villages stop for lunch in the good spot by the river anther the walnut shade after lunch we continue always between the gardens to Intel Timite village overnight in guest local Gite at 1950m), include (B.L.D) Duration: 06H
• Best time: April to November
• Departs from: Marrakech: 08:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 12hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 5days/4nights
• Type: Trekking
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €519 4 adults: €489, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Grade: Easy
• Trip Level: 2000m
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Hiking boots
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut)
- Trekking trousers/pants
- Long johns (thermal underwear)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Warm jacket (down)
- Sunhat or cap
- Fleece hat
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide.
- Transfers to / from Bougmez valley.
- Gites, family’s homes; camps.
- Muleteer and cook
- All meals for 4 nights/5days in Berber valleys/villages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €519
4 adults: €489
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!