3 Days Toubkal Experience
after breakfast you will be picked up from your Raid/Hotel in Marrakech at 9.00am. Your driver will take you to the starting point of your trek at (1750m), (about 1 ½ hour’s drive south of Marrakech). You will meet your englaish speaking guide and muleteer (s), once you have loaded up the mules, you will begin your trek, which starts with a fairly stiff climb out of the Imlil valley, up to the Tizi n Mzik pass (2,489m), which offers dramatic mountain views. You will be having a rest for your picnic lunch with a cap of meant tea, and then from here, the trail descends down into the spectacular Azzaden valley, known locally as the valley of colors, Before you get in the Azib n’Tansoult small goatherd small summer Berber village, overnight at the Mountain Refuge in Azib Tamsoult or Comp, depending with weather.
Approx. 6 hrs walking
Early morning about 6am you will embark on a fairly stiff climb out of the Azzadene Valley, heading towards the Toubkal Refuge where you will be spending the night. On the way you will pass back via the D’Irhoulidene waterfalls before climbing the Aguelzim Mountain pass (3,560m). Lunch will be taken in a spot with panoramic views over the Atlas Mountain Range called ( Agnierighen). After taking in the scenery you’ll begin a descent to the Toubkal Mountain Refuge (Neltner Hut) at 3,207m. The dorms at the refuge tend to be crowded with other trekkers aiming to tackle Toubkal early next morning so in the summer and when the weather allows we typically camp nearby the Refuge base camp.
Approx. 6 - 7 hrs walking)
This morning you will be wake up early for the ascent of Toubkal (4,167m). It’s a challenging trek to the summit, but, weather permitting; you will be rewarded for your efforts with incredible views over the Atlas Range; the Sahara Desert and Anti Atlas Jbel Sirwa which is not far from Toubkal mountains, After the glory of the summit, you will retrace your steps to the Toubkal Mountain Refuge and then follow the well-trodden path back to Imlil, passing the holy Man site of Sidi Chamharouch, this shrine it’s the king of Jinn, Once you arrive in Imlil, you will be transported back to Marrakech, arriving in the early evening.
Approx. 09-10 hrs walking
• Best time: May to October
• Departs from: Marrakech: 09:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 3hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 3days/2nights
• Type: Trekking
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €249 4 adults: €213, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Grade: difficult
• Trip Level: 4167m
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Hiking boots
- Sleeping Bag / sneakers (for use in the hut)
- Trekking trousers/pants
- Long johns (thermal underwear)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Warm jacket (down)
- Sunhat or cap
- Fleece hat
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide.
- Transfers to / from High Atlas.
- Gites, family’s homes.
- Muleteer and cook
- All meals for 2 nights/3days in Berber valleys/villages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €249
4 adults: €213
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!