Merzouga desert trip
Pick up you in Raid/Hotel towards Ouarzazate, through the Tizi- N-Tichka pass (2260m) in the High Atlas Mountains. You will enjoy beautiful landscapes with different colors’ and the Berber villages along the way between Marrakech and Ouarzazate, the doorway to the Sahara desert. You will visit the UNESCO world heritage site Ait Benhaddou. Kasbah is one of many locations served as a natural decoration for many movies which were shot in the area such as “Lawrence of Arabia and Jesus of Nazareth” Take a walk and cross the dried river to discover Enesco Heritage Ait benhaddou and dominate the Kasbahs once you get to the top of the hill. Afterwards, you will head directly to Ouarzazate, You will Continue to Skoura palm grove, then Valley of the Roses the centre of Moroccan roses and rose products. Continue via the strange rock creation of Tamnalt Hills to Dades gorge, carved over centuries by the Dades River. Overnight right in the Dades Gorge lined by the red and mauve rock overnight in heart of dades Gorge. 7hrs of journey
Taking the road to second Gorge, via Berber villages of the Dades valley, Todra Gorge free time for a short visit along the canyons of about 300 m high, a preferred place by mountain climbers, Afterwards you will leave to Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Sahara desert and you will have time for lunch on the way before you arrive to Erfoud. Once you arrive to the hotel near by the dunes having a cup of meant tea, and then you will take a camel ride for 1h at the sunset to get to the oasis where the camp is located and see the sunset. Spend the night in nomadic tent under shooting stars. With Berber music sometimes, Have diner in the camp. 6/7hrs of journey
after the sunshine we ride camel back to the hotel where we leave our vehicle, here where we take our breakfast and a quickly shower, we then Return back to Ouarzazate and back over the high Atlas Mountains, Arrival in Marrakech evening about 8 pm, (approximately). 10 hrs of journey.
• Best time: All year round
• Departs from: Marrakech: 08:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 25hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 3days/2nights
• Type: Merzouga trip
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €249 , please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Trainers / sneakers)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Sunhat or cap
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Private vehicle with an english speaking driver.
- Transportation for 3 days.
- 1night in 2-3 star Hotel
- 1night in a camp
- Camel riding for sun set and sun rise.
- 2 diners & 2 breakfasts
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trip from 35 EUR p/p/ twin/45 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €249
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!