Berber Panorama Hike
this morning our private tourist transport will pick you up from your Raid/hotel in Marrakech at 9.00am. And then take you to the starting point of your trek at Imi Oughlad is a small Berber village at elevation of (1,450m) where you will meet your guide and muleteer (about 1,5hrs journey). Once you have loaded up the mules, you will head off on your trek.Your first day will be an easier acclimatisation trek in the Ouirgane National Park. Today is the gentlest day of walking; there are fewer steep inclines and descents so you can really enjoy the Mediterranean-esque scenery. Shepherds tend to their goats amongst the pretty valleys dotted with juniper and oak trees. You will overnight in a Local Family’s home in Tinzert, a small rustic Berber Village. Approx 4 to 5 hrs walk
After breakfast you’ll head up through the big forest of oak trees, and a panoramic of the Ouirgane valley and villages, its very green valley all year around, also the good view of high atlas Mountains, always up to Tizi N’Takhrkhourt at (2200m), after this pass we skip the Ouirgane valley and then traverse over to the stunning Azzadene Valley and villages, passing traditional Berber mountain villages. The views open up as you walk up through the valley, you’ll see a rushing mountain stream surrounded by lush walnut groves leading up towards the peaks of the High Atlas at the head of the valley. You will overnight in a village Gite in Tizi Oussem. Approx 5hrs walk
Today involves a fantastic climb out of the Azzadene Valley. You'll walk up the valley towards the pass at Tizi n Mzik (2479m) which offers dramatic views, before descending down into Imlil. If you’re felling energetic you can take a slight route detour to include the D’Irhoulidene waterfalls, this adds a couple of extra hours walking but is worth the effort. On arrival in Azib Brdoun at (1850) where you will having your picnic lunch, and then you’ll continue to Imlil and back to Marrakech or you have the second option for an overnight in Armed at village at (1980m) on feet of the Toubkal Pick. Approx 5hrs walk
• Best time: All year round
• Departs from: Marrakech: 09:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 3hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 3days/2nights
• Type: Trekking
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €179 4 adults: €139, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Grade: Easy to Moderate
• Trip Level: 2469m
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Hiking boots
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut)
- Trekking trousers/pants
- Long johns (thermal underwear)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Warm jacket (down)
- Sunhat or cap
- Fleece hat
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide.
- Transfers to / from High Atlas.
- Gites, family’s homes; Refuge.
- Muleteer and cook
- All meals for 2 nights/3days in Berber valleys/villages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €179
4 adults: €139
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!