2 Days Zagora desert (trip from Marrakech)
After breakfast in your hotel/raid in Marrakech, pick up around 7am, start your journey to the southern Morocco, crossing the High Atlas via the Tizi N’ Tichka pass (2260m of altitude) drive along the zigzagging road & enjoy the views over the Berber villages of Imouzzar valley, explore one of the most preserved villages in the south of Morocco, Ait Benhaddou, a fortified village build by Ait Aissa trive on 15th century for Caravan traders coming from Tombouktou to Andalusia via Marrakech & Tangier, the village served as a natural decor for several international movies including the Gladiators, Ali Baba, Ben Hur, Lawrence of Arabia etc…enjoy a guided visit of 1 hour until the top of the hill to dominate the whole ksar and its classified Kasbahs since 1987 (under UNICCO world heritage), head afterwards to Ouarzazate to visit Taourirt Kasbah with a short break at the entrance of the city on a hill to see the cinemas studios & old decorations. Lunch and then continue to Zagora via Agdez and through Draa valley, start the camel ride at 1km from Zagora, enjoy the sunset along the way while riding towards the nomadic camp in Nekhla dunes. Dinner & breakfast are served at the camp.
Early wake up to enjoy the sunrise followed by breakfast, optional camel Trek back to meet your driver and drive along the Draa valley with breaks for photos and lunch on the road before we return to Marrakech via Ouarzazate. (4x4 drive may take you from the camp to with the camel ride). Note: Nekhla dunes is not a full desert like Merzouga but nice to see a part of the desert & enjoy the camel ride experience & the overnight in the nomadic camp in case of a short holiday in Morocco, if you have 3 days it would be better to visit Merzouga dunes instead.
• Best time: All year round
• Departs from: Marrakech: 07:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 16hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 2days/1night
• Type: Zagora trip
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €169, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Trainers / sneakers)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Sunhat or cap
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Private vehicle with an English speaking driver.
- Transportation for 2 days/1nights.
- 1night in a camp
- Camel riding for sun set and sun rise.
- 1 diner & 1 breakfast.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trip from 35 EUR p/p/ twin/45 EUR single in Marrakech
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €169
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!