Toubkal Express (1night)
- About the program
At 4,167m, Mount Toubkal is the highest mountain in North Africa. The 2 Days Toubkal Trek to the summit is challenging, but it requires no mountaineering experience and the panoramic view from the summit makes all the hard work worthwhile. With the start of the 2 Days Toubkal Trek just a couple of hours drive from Marrakech, you can reach the summit and back within 2 Days Toubkal Trek and still have time to explore Morocco’s most captivating city, Marrakech.
After a transfer to the little village of Imlil we begin our trek. Heading along the Mizane Valley, we first pass the village of Aremd and then onto the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch. We then continue east and by crossing the flood plains our route takes us along mule tracks and up into the high rocky cliffs above the valley. Crossing the river we eventually come to the pastoral shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims. From here the trail continues to climb steadily, snaking and zigzagging its way up to the snowline and the Toukbal Refuge (3206m), our stop for the night,Approx. 4/5hrs walking.
Early in the morning we make our attempt on the summit of Jebel Toukbal (4167m), the highest peak in Northern Africa. Our route takes us up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make the going quite difficult in parts. The views along the way make the journey more than worthwhile. When you reach the the summit you will see that the vistas across the surrounding landscape are quite breathtaking. From here there are unrestricted views in every direction, from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara. We will retrace our steps when we return down the mountain and head back towards Imlil and transfer back to Marrakech by the evening.
• Best time: All year round
• Departs from: Marrakech: 08:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs.
• Departure times: Varied
• Driving time: 3hrs
• Starts & ends in: Marrakech
• Duration: 2days/1night
• Type: Trekking/Climb
• Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €149 4 adults: €139, please contact us for group discount pricing.
• Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber,
• Grade: Difficult
• Trip Level: 4167m
• Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount
• Solo Travelers: On request
- Hiking boots
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut)
- Trekking trousers/pants
- Long johns (thermal underwear)
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Warm jacket (down)
- Sunhat or cap
- Fleece hat
- Eyewear – Sunglasses
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens
- Waterproof over-mittens
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Small travel towel
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Fully escorted by local mountain Skiing tour guide.
- Transfers to / from High Atlas.
- 1night in the Refuge CAF.
- Muleteer/Porters and cook
- All meals for 2 days / 1 night in Berber valleys/villages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- International Flight
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
Price in € Euro P/P
2 adults: €149
4 adults: €139
Contact us for group discount pricing.
To book this trip we should get a 20% of deposit and the rest when you arrived in the country. The only possibility to send as a payment is by PayPal or bank transfer because we don’t accept credit cards, we are a small business company!
Once you have all the information you need and agree about the itinerary!!